My Top 9 Baby Must Haves
What works for my son may not work for your child. Every baby is different but you never know until you try different things out to see what works. I have a few things that I’ve purchased that my son ended up not liking. It’s all about trial and error. Below are the main things that have worked for my son and made life a whole of a lot easier.
Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper: This is the only thing my son will sleep in. I bought a bassinet but he hates it, this thing literally saved me. It has an auto rock feature that soothes him to sleep, it comes with two timer settings which are a blessing. Seriously, I love this product. It was great when he had a cold too because it is reclined.
- Fisher-Price Infant to Toddler Rocker: This seat is perfect for my son to lounge around in. He loves to kick and rock himself in it. It comes with a bar of toys but I took that off as my son didn’t like that part. I sit him in it to play with him and for him to watch TV while I’m doing dishes or cooking.
- Backpack Diaper Bag: I made the mistake of putting a messenger style diaper bag on my registry, after going out a few times I knew it wasn’t the easiest. The bag would keep slipping off my shoulder and it just was not working. I decided a backpack style would be better, and let me tell you, I was right. This is the one I chose but you can look around to see what style you like best.
- Infant Play mat: I like to get on the floor to play with my son but we have wood floors so I thought it would be best to order a mat to play on. The one I chose has different features for him to play with, you can check it out here.
- Burp Cloths: This one is probably a given but I had no idea how much I would use these. My son tends to spit up a lot so we seriously have burp cloths all over the house. I use cloth diapers, you can find some here.
- Gripe water: My son gets hiccups all of the time, no seriously he gets them multiple times a day. Hiccups sometimes make his tummy hurt so I give him some gripe water and it usually works right away. I give it to him when it seems like his stomach is upset too and it helps. I use Zarbee’s Naturals Gripe Water.
- Sensory toys: This toy is my sons favorite. It has different fabrics and patterns that help with his development. Plus it makes rattle noises and what baby doesn’t like that?
- Dr. Browns Bottles: My son was not able to breastfeed (you can read my birth story here). I tried a few different types of bottles and these worked best. They are supposed to help with gas and spit up. You could also use these if you pump, they are good for formula or breast milk.
- Boon Drying Rack: With bottles comes washing and drying bottles. I love this drying rack, it is cute enough to sit on your counter and it holds all of my bottles. You can also purchase accessories for it that hold the nipples and other parts.
Those are my top must haves to make life easier with an infant. What are your must haves?
photo credit: Kate Krivanec: Unsplash